Blog Diggers

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Holy crap guys! Did you know that Johnny Cash died? I can't believe he's gone! Some of my most cherished memories are of all of us driving around the park listening to "Cash" just like all the other teenagers. Those were good times. You know...I had no idea the contribution Johnny Cash had made to rap until Kurt Loder pointed it out. After all he was the original "bad boy." Fortunately, he will not be soon forgotten. He'll be forever immortalized by the inspiration he's provided to such individuals as Snoop (who is admittedly a Cash protege), Justin Timberlake (who listened to Johnny Cash with his Grandpa), Gideon Yago (who has probably never listened to a single Johnny Cash CD), and various Barista's (all of whom claim to listen to Johnny Cash regularly). I can only take comfort in knowing he was honored at the VMA's. Honestly, I can't imagine a music video cinematographer more deserving of the award than Johnny Cash.

C-min
"Life-long Johnny Cash fan"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home